LOS SANTOS POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Observer Program is designed to allow residents of Los Santos to observe police operations from an internal perspective by riding with on-duty police officers. The program is intended to be an educational tool for participants and is designed to acquaint citizens with the complexities of police work. If someone is intending on applying to be a Police Officer, it is looked upon greatly to attend some ridealongs.
After the observer has applied and the application is accepted, the observer will have the opportunity to ride with an officer for a week before the application expires.
RULES FOR THE OBSERVER PROGRAM
- The participant must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Observer applications must be fully completed before submission.
- The applicant must not be charged with any felonies that would also not allow them to join the LSPD.
- Supervisors reserve the right to reject an individuals request to participate in the Observer Program.
RULES ON THE OBSERVER PROGRAM
- The applicant MUST consent to a search before going out with an Officer.
- The applicant is to leave any weapon in their vehicle.
- The applicant is to REMAIN in the vehicle at ALL times. Unless the vehicle is too unsafe, then the applicant may leave to get to a safe area.
- The applicant is to listen to ALL commands given to them by the officer they are patrolling with.
- The applicant is to state any dangers or health conditions to the officer BEFORE they leave the precinct.
- The applicant IS NOT to assist the officer in any situations.
- Officers may request, through their immediate supervisor, that the Ride Along privileges of the participant be terminated for just cause.
- Participants shall conduct themselves in a civil and courteous manner at all times.
- Officers will not allow participants to enter private homes or other areas where a citizen has a reasonable expectation of privacy without the explicit consent of the citizen. Participants will also not be allowed to photograph and/or videotape within these same areas.
- Participants shall wear professional casual clothing. Shorts, sleeveless shirts, and t-shirts will not be acceptable attire.
Please post your application here
Code: Select all
[center]LOS SANTOS POLICE DEPARTMENT
OBSERVERS PROGRAM APPLICATION[/center]
[b]1: Full Name :[/b] HERE
[b]2: Gender:[/b] MALE/FEMALE
[b]3: Ethnicity:[/b] HERE
[b]4: Date of Birth:[/b] DD/MM/YYYY
[b]5: Age:[/b] HERE
[b]6: Valid Driver's License:[/b] YES/NO
[b]7: Home Address:[/b] HOUSE NUMBER, STREET, AREA, CITY, ZIP CODE
[b]8: Phone Number:[/b] XXX-XXXX
[b]9: Emergency Contact (if applicable):[/b] HERE
[b]10: Relationship to Emergency Contact (if applicable):[/b] HERE
[b]11: Concealed Carry Permit:[/b] YES/NO
[b]12: Reason for ridealong:[/b] HERE
[center][size=65]AGREEMENT ASSUMING RISK ON INJURY, DAMAGE, OR DEATH
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS; AND AGREEMENT NOT TO SUE[/size][/center]
[size=65]Whereas the undersigned, not being a sworn member, employee or agent of the Los Santos Police Department, has made a voluntary request for permission to ride as a guest or observer in a law enforcement vehicle at a time when such vehicle is operated and manned by members of the Los Santos Police Department and has further requested permission to accompany a member or members of said law enforcement department during the active performance of their official duties as peace officers.
Now, therefore, be it understood that the undersigned hereby agrees that THE WORK AND ACTIVITIES OF THE POLICE DEPARTMENT ARE INHERENTLY DANGEROUS INVOLVING SUBSTANTIAL RISKS including the risk of death; personal injury, and/or property damage; such risks may be generated by individuals breaking, or suspected of breaking the law; by the apprehension, or attempted apprehension, of such individuals; by motor vehicles driven by peace officers or by others; or may occur in a truly limitless variety of ways; AND THAT THE UNDERSIGNED WILL BE EXPOSED TO SUCH RISKS BY ACCOMPANYING, OR PARTICIPATING IN, THE RIDE-ALONG.
Further, knowing all these risks, the undersigned nevertheless hereby agrees to voluntarily assume all risks, both known and unknown and to release and hold harmless all of the persons and entities named herein who, through negligence or intentional conduct, might otherwise be liable for damages.
Now, therefore, be it understood that the undersigned hereby agrees that the County of Los Santos, and city within the county which contracts with the County of Los Santos for law enforcement services, the Los Santos Metropolitan Police Department, the driver or owner of any automobile owned or operated by, or in the service of the County of Los Santos or contract cities, their sureties, and each of them, shall not be held liable or responsible under any circumstances whatsoever by the undersigned, his or her estate, or heirs, for any death, injury, expense or loss to the person or property of the undersigned, incurred while riding as a guest or observer in any Los Santos Metropolitan Police Department vehicle or while accompanying a member of said department during the active performance of his official duties as a peace officer. The undersigned agrees not to sue any of the above for any possible death, injury, expense, or loss.
[u]THE UNDERSIGNED: HAS READ THIS RELEASE AND FULLY UNDERSTANDS ITS CONTENTS; IS AWARE THAT THIS RELEASE IS A WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HAS SIGNED THIS RELEASE VOLUNTARILY.[/u][/size]
[b]SIGNATURE:[/b] FULL NAME OF APPLICANT
Los Santos Police Department