LEADING THE WAY TO A SAFER COMMUNITY
The Los Santos Police Department has put together useful tips on various ways to protect yourself in given situations involving:
- Personal Safety
- Walk with authority, look ahead and scan your surroundings.
- Do not walk in poorly lit areas.
- If approached by someone in a car, change your direction and enter a crowded store or business.
- Carry a cell phone and some type of safety device (i.e: flashlight, baton, or handgun if valid CCW)
- Be alert to someone who asks for directions and/or continues to engage you in conversation.
- Obey all of the robbers orders. Keep communication with the robber short and simple. Do NOT argue.
- Observe your attackers appearance, type of weapon used, and type of vehicle so you can accurately describe them to police officers.
- Immediately report the incident to POLICE and do not hang up until police arrive on location.
- Home Safety
- Never allow people that you do not know into your home, such as a door-to-door sales person, a person asking to use the phone, or looking for a neighbor.
- Always keep your doors and windows locked day and night.
- Always keep your garage door closed.
- Call the police immediately when you see suspicious persons or activities.
- Get to know the police officers in your area.
- Start or join a Neighborhood Watch Program.
- Transportation Safety
- Wear a seatbelt.
- Follow the speed limit.
- Do not engage in road rage.
- Do not drink and drive.
- Do not take any prescription medication before operating a motor vehicle.
To report a crime, please contact the Police Department's Detectives Division or 911 for situations that require an emergency response.